Monday, May 4, 2026

A Couple of Fun Lines that Caught my Eye

Both of these come from articles I read in the paper, hard not to notice them.

"There's something a little over-composed about a plate of sushi or a lunchtime bento box—an uptight, sort of OCD cuisine, with everything arranged just so and nothing touching. Whoever invented it must have had a hard time leaving the house without checking the stove 76 times."

Rob Long - Why Fancy Cakes Can Taste So Crummy

Personlly I thought the title should be spelled "Crumby" rather than "Crummy" to make use of that double entendre in, but what do I know.

The second, I've posted as a paean to the Celtics and Lakers NBA Finals of last night:

"he 31-year-old Mr. Bryant might not be the acrobatic dynamo of his youth, but he has no peer when it matters—and in assessing greatness, that's what should count the most. He's also as lovable as a tire puncture on the interstate, which is surely part of the reason people are reluctant to unleash the big superlatives."

Jason Gay - Not Your Father's Celtics-Lakers

Hard not to love being able to relate a guys personality to a flat tire on the interstate. Sums it up perfectly.

No comments: