Friday, August 5, 2022

More On Martin and Kathryn

What would I have done if I was Kathryn? When Martin might not have shown? Beyond what I wrote in the previous post?


Our professor asked what we would have done if he had not shown up. What would I do as a leader if he hadn't shown up?

 I think in that case, I would have started the meeting, and when he showed acknowledged his lateness for the team, provide a tad bit of shame on him, but also let the team know it was not the expectation. I would talk to Martin after the fact and tell him how I don't think that he is helping his case and give him a choice to be a part of the change or to leave. 

If he chose be a part (which I would hope he would) I would give him more responsibility in the change. Have him organize the next offsite meeting. I am big on giving people more responsibility and making them a part of the process. Allowing them to be the advocate for that which they do not like. I was a part of a large role out of a new system. At first I was not a fan. Once I took the training, and also took the train the trainer class, and became a part of the solution, I became an advocate for the role out. Martin could become that same advocate if you help him be a part of the change process instead of someone who is just a bit or role player. 

No comments: