The goal was to run a fun run a month for a year. I think I didn’t make August. Who knew it was so hard to find a fun run during August in Houston. But I did two in September (I think), two in October (I’m pretty sure) and I have three weeks left if I’d like to do three in December.
The one I just did was interesting. First, I know a bad run when I see it. This was a bad one. There’s just one thing I need to see to determine if it’s a bad run. If they say, “10K runners will do two laps” then it’s gonna be a bad run. It was even worse than that though.I came in 6th in the 40 to 49 year old group. Strangely, I could have won the 50 year old group. I only have 6 months till that would be my group.
I love all the families who do runs. . . But I hate when I’m on my second lap and all those walkers are taking up the whole race route. It’s not hard to stay to the right folks. Also, CityCenter. UGH! Why?!?!? There’s no parking, and what is there is $5 per hour. Additionally, none of the shops are open that early. There are no breakfast joints, no donuts, no coffee places. So why do a race there? It’s a mess from a race organization perspective.
Still it wasn’t a bad run. I wanted to go out fast in the first 5K then just survive the second 5K. I did. Strangely, I got the exact same time as the last 10K. I thought those last three miles would slow me down significantly, . . . It didn’t. At least not as much as I thought it might.
All in all I think I’ll do the same challenge next year. Maybe I’ll say I have to do 6 of them out of town. That might make it more fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment