Saturday, December 10, 2022

Ever Evolving Concept Map

 Really, it's not just an ever-evolving concept map . . . it's an ever-evolving dissertation and dissertation topic. 


If there is one thing I'll remember from this dissertation process, is that it's really just a process of refinement and narrowing. Everyone tends to start with grand ideas and over the course of time it keeps getting whittled and whittled and whittled down. 

When I first started I wanted three points of comparison, VR vs gamification vs spaced practice. Which technique is "best" for adult learners (What an idiot I was then).


This is WAY too ambitious and muddled I now know. 

Next, it was comparing CBT to CBT with VR and CBT with VR and emotional videos. This is still fairly close to what I'm doing. But really what I learned from my meeting with Dr. Kang yesterday is that I need to have an overwhelming and intense focus in all my writing just on VR with emotional video. You'll see it's now the center and primary block of the concept map. 



Now I have to go and re-write the dissertation (that I think stands at 25K words and almost 70 pages) and refocus it around just emotional videos with VR. 

Lot of lot of work. 

No comments: