I know him and his history well enough to know that he’s had his ups and downs like most everyone. He came over the other day to pick something up on his way home from work. He was wearing driving moccasins, jeans and a nice oxford shirt. Driving moccasins? See, charmed floating life. I could never pull off driving moccasins.
My graphic designer at work, great guy, took this candid shot of me the other day. Where? No idea. I don’t remember this picture at all. When I saw it I thought it was my brother. I actually thought, “John doesn’t wear glasses” and zoom in enough to see that it was me!
Two things come from this. 1) the marketing gals loved it and want to use it for the next cover of our newsletter. I told them let me work on the crows feet. They recommended Botox. We are no longer speaking. 2) how many people look at me the way I look at John? How many people see me and think I float through life? That it’s a charmed life?
Makes me count the old blessings to tell the truth. Maybe it is more charmed than I thought.

No comments:
Post a Comment