Sometimes I struggle with these self-authorship posts. Why? Cause I’m not thoughtful about self-authorship, . . . Well no. Mostly because I’ll think of something and forget it by the time I get around to having the time to write about it. Yesterday, I was on a jog, had a great idea, but this morning I can’t remember it at all!
So, I’m writing this one down right now.
I’m watching a silly Hallmark movie cause it’s Christmas time and that’s what I do. It stars Nikki DeLoach and the premise is as silly as all of those movies are. In this case she makes an errant wish which is granted and the mom and aunt who’s life is overrun by family and craziness is suddenly single and a high powered exec. Part of being an exec, according to this Hallmark movie, is sleekness, dressing super fashionable, etc etc.
I thought about myself. I don’t dress sleek and fashionably for presentations. I wear my trousers. I don’t look sharp. I’m just work-a-day me. And I embrace that.
Then Cami wrote me at about that same time. She wrote that she assumed my presentation was about CP Chem, Enterprise, Exxon and other high profile project in my group. She assumed wrong. My presentation is about some of our unsung projects. It’s about the change in training design and development for our company specifics and our run-of-the-mill projects.
So, I think that’s funny. My mind immediately goes to the unsung. Her’s goes to the high profile. This is similar to what I think is being illustrated by this Hallmark movie.
Now, I’m not saying one is right and the other wrong. This is more a story of two ways of seeing the world. And truthfully, now I will allude to those high profile projects in my presentation. So, thank you Cami. But, my focus will still be on the unsung.

No comments:
Post a Comment