To begin, I work in a very macho industry. Petrochem and refining is right up there in many respects to upstream oil and gas drilling or offshore deckhand and roustabouts. I support and work with guys who turn wrenches and have grime and much on their hands.
Secondly, I have a background of being an Airborne Ranger badass. I was a door kicker and the first man in the stack for years in the 2nd Ranger Battalion. I was a Spec Ops Commando. Doesn't get too much more badass than that.
I bring all this up, because I don't necessarily like the same types of movies that my colleagues and compatriots like. Never have been. Anyone who knows me knows this. I shut down for a month or more before Christmas exclusively to watch Lifetime and Hallmark channel movies. I promoted the idea of a blog to rate and review Lifetime and Hallmark movies. Look through this blog and you'll see that it's littered with reviews of rom-coms, and romance and more. Hell, one of my life's goals is to write a novel that eventually get's turned into a Lifetime or Hallmark movie . . . anyone heard of Everyday Sox? That's the one!
In 2001 I saw the movie Amélie. Loved it. Reminiscent of my time in Paris, well acted, funny and intriguing story, quirky, and a cute girl. What's not to like.
Now?
Well, now I think my favorite movie (if we exclude Rear Window, Fury Road, North by Northwest, etc etc) is Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment