I was using Duolingo to not only get into interactive learning environments and microlearning but also to try and prep for my eventual . . . and hopeful (HERE) . . . live in Costa Rica . . . Four years away and counting . . . (down).
But yesterday I forgot to hit the Duolingo. I was at 122 days straight and now, . . . starting from scratch again.
I used to have a workout streak . . . 100 days straight of running (HERE). That was a good one. I threw in pushups and situps if you'll remember. Still that was a fun streak.
I had a chat streak going with an old friend once. Almost two full years of chatting. That one was a hard one for me to lose. Then there's the dieting streaks . . . as a kid I went 5 years without touching a bit of meat of any kind.
I do better with streaks. I guess it appeals to my "all or nothing" way of doing things and living life. If I'm in . . . I'm all in, for as long as I can go. If I'm out . . . I'm all out.
No comments:
Post a Comment