First there was RadioBoox, the idea was to have a serial on the radio that people could listen to. Books on tape, but via the radio. I thought it would be like soap operas but for people who drive. Something to look forward to each day. Sadly, it was an idea of the 90’s and the internet, tech boom killed it quickly.
Then there was PopQuiz Password. The idea of microlearning that would inspire kids who like computer games to learn at the same time. Again, a bit ahead of it’s time. I take duolingo now and I see the framework of PopQuiz Password in it.
There was the idea of the app that you could use to send a postcard. I take a pic on vacation, hit a button, and a custom postcard of that image gets sent with a message and meta data about where it was taken, the history of that site, etc etc. Grandparents would love that! I’ve seen that it was created a few years later.
Always a bit too ahead, and no gumption to “do.”
Well, I know where I go that bit too ahead aspect. My grandfather. He was too far ahead too. He had the idea of a the solar sail with microwave collection stations that I think I’ve discussed on this site. But it was SSI, or Space Services Incorporated that I remember well. He was shooting up rockets before Musk even thought of it. And the other day my aunt sent me this little video that the local station produced years ago.
My grandfather was also one of the first examples of a self-authored individual, and self transformational individual I’ve ever experienced. He was a trust fund kid, never “needed” to work, all that he did he was doing to help others. It’s a facility and a type of life I’d love to achieve.

No comments:
Post a Comment