I found myself near downtown in my old stomping and running grounds to run with an old friend. She was immediately surprised by my shoes.
Why?
Because a while back I swore of Nikes. Although I have no trouble with players who might want to express their problems with the police by kneeling during the anthem, I don’t support it. I recognize the right, but think it’s a fairly shallow way to protest and worse it’s conflating two separate things, the anthem and the police. Is it any wonder patriots and military might be upset?
Regardless, I don’t want to support a company that gives funds to someone who started that trend. How much did Kaepernick get from Nike last year? Or the year before? Why?
So I swore off Nike a while back. I’m a guy who probably bought 6 or 7 pairs of Nike a year for twenty years. That’s quite a few pairs. I even wrote them and told em I was done. All the other runners I know think Nike’s stink. Not me. I know they don’t last, but I’ve always like em providing you don’t rely on them for too long.
Well, in the middle of my 100 days of running challenge (see more here) I broke down and bought a pair of Nikes. I had my reasons. My knee was hurting. Whatever it is about Addidas and New Balance, my knees just appreciate Nikes.
It’s interesting isn’t it the phases a of our lives. What matters at one time matters less at others.
Long story short . . . I’m back to New Balance. My return to Nikes was short lived. So although she saw them, she won’t see them again the next time we go run together

No comments:
Post a Comment