Tuesday, December 22, 2020

World's Worst Protester

I embrace the fact that I'm perhaps the world's worst protester. A few posts ago I wrote that I gave up on my Nike protest (see here). Well, maybe "gave up" isn't the right word. I broke through the picket line to buy some shoes to finish out my running challenge (see here and here). When a door closes a window opens. With the breaking of one protest, I started another. This one is far more muddled.

I killed my Facebook profile the other day. Deleted the whole dang thing. Over ten years of history and content and it's gone now. Obviously a limit was reached. It had so little value to me, and their policies weren't worth keeping it around. 

I didn't get rid or Twitter. Why/ I love checking out twitter because of the content like the one posted above. Who goes around posting pictures of smiling dogs all in a row? Well, someone I follow that's who. I can't get enough of it. Despite that, I thought what Facebook, Google and Twitter did with their content checking was pretty atrocious during the election. I'm not fan of Trump (see here), but the fact checking is absurd. Me? I think they should just let anything be posted and allow the reader to figure out the truth. No need for Twitter or Facebook to massage the content.



So why am I still on Twitter? Where else can I go to see a dog skateboarding (its a video, worth watching, click it or see it here), or a goose on a moose pic. Twitter, despite the fact checking, still has enough content that makes me smile to make it worthwhile. Lately, there's the post of Miss Great White North keeping me interested as well as the random animal pics and videos. But as soon as Twitter jumps the shark and the animal pics go away, then so do I. For now, they still have me even if Facebook doesn't. 



No comments: