Monday, August 24, 2026

Humor From a While Back

I've been inspired by McManus, and I'm trying to write some short stories that are more humorous than my normal writing. Doing this brings to mind some writing I did back in 2018 in our Leadership Group on Facebook. 



I posted one of them HERE, years ago. But there were several more in the series. I've found what I could and I'll post those as I can, but here's what I had. 
These took much longer than I like to admit to write. Additionally, I tried to add as many mentions of real leaders in the company as possible. 

I also enjoyed the opportunity to play around in Photoshop too. This was a pic of one of the refineries in the background of a Civil War era pic. The text was:

Dearest Liz,
It was with great consternation that I read your letter dated last Monday. I’m sorry for the loss of your pet goat, Millie. I know what a strong friend and confidant she was to you for so many years. Take heart in the knowledge that she should make great chops for next Sunday’s dinner.
For myself, I take heart in knowing that our troops have met the enemy and are preparing to advance in the battle at Wood River. Last I heard, Captain Ken “Hydroblast” Harrelson and his troops had their Duraflexx well oiled and sited and all Newson Gales were grounded in preparation to meet the full onslaught of the enemy forces. I snapped a pic (attached) of our troops preparing for the fight. You'll see the angry enemy in the background.
You’ll be happy to hear that I’ve made contact with Captain Christopher Velasco, you will well remember him. He has pulled back his forces from the territories on the West Coast, under Colonel Chris Delgado in preparation for redeploying under the leadership of Sergeant Christopher Egger. His new task will be to help train and maintain a safe behavior for the fighting men in the field. His help is sorely needed after Sergeant Egger’s own LPS team was decimated years ago and a new tranche of LPS recruits comes to the battle.
Finally, across the nation I’ve made appeals to the men regarding conscripts in terms of a $1500 bounty for every soldier they bring to the fight. Corporal Betsy Sherbet in the South is surrounded by good candidates and the branches are hiring them as fast as they can get them to sign. Still I fear it may not be enough, but what more can I do to get our men to bring their brother’s, cousins and sisters to fight for our cause?
Despite the challenges our moral remains high. Save a roast shank from Millie if you can for my triumphant return home. - Yours Ellsworth Bradford Clark

No comments: