Monday, April 5, 2021

I'm a Faster, So I Guess Now I'm also a Wiggler

 I've been using Intermittent Fasting (IF) for the last year or more to great success, so I was eager to read The Wiggle Factor; Intermittent Fasting and Dieting Made Easy by Cody Smith, and I was not disappointed. 


I fell into fasting by reading a few articles, downloading an app, and following the recommendations of the app. Having read the Wiggle Factor, I wish I had had this book with me when I started. Smith breaks down why FAsting works, how it works, and the best way to ensure it works in the first part of the book then gives different fasting recommendations and the drawbacks and benefits to each in the second part of the book. I really enjoyed the first part of the book. Smith obviously knows a lot about digestion and how digestion and fat storage is affected by fasting. I was less impressed with his rundown of the different fasts that fasters could potentially choose. 

I will say, as a guy who has struggled with weight loss all his life, to varying degrees of success, this book was worthwhile to help me recharge my batteries in terms of fasting. I've lost almost 15 pounds from watching what I eat, exercising (habits that Smith feels are not as worthwhile for long term weight loss as fasting), and through Intermittent Fasting. I'm looked at strangely by my co-workers, my wife thinks I'm crazy, but as a guy who tried being a vegetarian, cross-fit, the Whole 9, Slim-Fast, the Cambridge Diet, Weight Watchers, and many others, I'm all on board with IF and I'm glad I read the book to help keep me on board. 

Could it use a better title? Sure. More details and sample fasting recommendations? You bet. But was it filled with useful and inspiring information about IF? YEP! Glad I read it.

No comments: