Friday, April 2, 2021

More From a Fave

 Yet another. I think I'm getting to the point where I don't have to do an introduction, I can just apply the "Ever Shade" label (see here) and quote the passage!

This first comes from Uncle Moose (which I think is a spectacular profile name . . . and yes that is a moose in the pic with a duck on his back). 

How complicit are YOU in creating the conditions you say you don't want.

This is an interesting one if only because it forces us to look at ourselves to determine what we are doing to affect ourselves and others. The whole idea of  . . . . When you point a finger at someone, there are three other fingers pointing back at yourself. 

The next passage is from Car_sssss (not quite as poignant as the name Uncle Moose).

If you're ever too proud to say sorry, . . . you have bigger issues than an apology. 

UGH! We've all been there, haven't we? Where we know we should apologize, we know that an apology will make things right, . . . perhaps turn things around,  . . . but our pride, our ego, our own sense of right and wrong stops us? When just saying "I'm sorry, please forgive me" would do so much to help the problem go away. 

This final one is from lonlyvibz (which is intriguing if not as colorful as Uncle Moose)

do. not. put. effort. into. people. who. don't. give. it back. 

This makes me think of Sadie and that post from the other day (see here). I wrote that she trusts me because I try and be there for her. I don't take advantage of her or leave her out in the cold. I don't throw her out back and forget about her. I am there for her. That's why she's there for me. If you want loyalty from others, you have to show it yourself. Why would I want to continue to try hard, to work toward something if those other people aren't trying equally as hard. 

Elizabeth, Betsy 


Evershade, evershades, ever shade, ever shades, shades of Betsy

No comments: