A few posts ago I gave an update on my running and racing. You'll remember I had that goal to run a 10K a month for a year. You'll also recall that I failed.
March and April just became too tough for me to keep at it. Too many things going on. Too many activities.
Well, it's time to get back into them. I registered for a race in Katy yesterday. It kicks off this Saturday. I'm not really looking forward to it. It's only 5K, not 10K so that's not ideal. It also happens to be just next to, or in the same neighborhood as an old friend of mine, who I'd rather not see.
I asked this friend a while back to run races with me, but they never got around to it. Why? No idea. I thought it would be great fun and an easy way to keep the friendship up. I guess they didn't agree.
Do I think they'll be at this race?
I doubt it, but it's a possibility.
So I go into this race with a bit of trepidation. Happy to be getting back on track, but not at all excited at the possibility fo running with someone I'm hoping not to.


No comments:
Post a Comment