Some of you loyal readers might have noticed that I have not published a post in a bit. Why is this? Well, it's a fairly good reason, if not the most easy to overcome. When I look at the data for number or readers in the blog settings, the number has shot up recently. In some ways that's good, but when I dig deeper I see that most of this new readership comes from one place . . . Singapore.
Every minute on the minute (or at about that frequency) there's a hit from someone in Singapore.
Normally I would welcome a slew of new readers, even those from overseas. But, this looks more like a targeted cyber attack? What do they hope to get from me? No idea.
- I don't list my address.
- You won't find my SSN in here.
- No identifying information except first names.
- An enterprising reader could find my full name and my books, of course, but that would end up being a bit of a dry hole. Anyone could find that same information by buying a book.
So, why is this happening? No idea. But, I hope it stops soon. I figure I have what? 2600 posts or something? It has to end at that point right?
We shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment