Saturday, September 26, 2020

It Finally Came!

 Every election since 2004 I've gone out and bought the mugs for the two nominees for president. Every year and I use it to judge how well the two candidates are doing and the expected outcomes.


So here's the review. 

The Trump mug is awesome. Big and bold with a stiff, artistically thick handle. It's a perfect representation of Trump himself. Plus there is no other mug in my entire collection, not just my presidential mug collection but my collection of mugs from all over, there isn't a single another red mug. Isn't that funny? I have probably 30 or more mugs. This is the only red one. On a side note, it cost 36 dollars with shipping and everything but came in less than a week. 

The Biden mug is quite regular-looking, but in truth is really quite small. Not just in comparison to Trump's mug but also compared to all the other mugs. Throughout the weeks leading up to the election I usually try to drink out of all the presidential mugs, I haven't tried this one yet, cause it's so small. It's like a shot of coffee. It cost 26 or 28 dollars and it took 45 days to show up. I'd just about given up on it.  is completely and utterly normal and less consequential than the other mugs. Again, a perfect representation of Biden.

My mother-in-law who is a huge lefty and Biden supporter went out and ordered me a Biden Harris mug from another vendor, a private group, and it came in less than 2 weeks. It's not the official mug for the campaign, but I find it interesting that those supporting Biden are able to perform and complete orders faster than the candidate himself.  

Quick note, Biden has been on a mug from 2008 that says Obama Biden, but he also holds a place of honor as having a mug all to himself. In 2012 I tried to order another Obama Biden mug and they weren't selling them! The first time that had ever happened. Since I use this as my only donation to campaigns I went ahead and bought the only mug they were offering . . . it says "Cup of Joe" and has a pic of Biden on it.

As much as I like the red Trump (mug), and I wish and hope he wins. I think the small, predictable, slow and non-descript Biden will ultimately win.



No comments: