Last night . . . Big party . . . Long night . . . Lots of booze . . . Lots of fun.
I saw my sister-in-law . . . With whom I have very little in common. In fact we are aggressively opposite. She could say “good morning” and I would say “not really, is it.” So, like I said, nothing in common, but I love her nonetheless.
Funnily enough, she has my dream job. She’s a realtor. I would love to be in real estate. My father was in real estate. Maybe it’s genetics. But if I could have any job that would be it. Instead, I have a really nice job that I can’t leave to follow my dream. Made me think about expectations vs reality.
I had another fast run today on my goal to run every day for 100 days (see more here and here). Why is it that just about every two weeks I do a long run and its usually after a party, or after waking up from a hangover, or when I least expect it. Today, it was my second fastest run of the last 90 days. 9:20 per mile pace, for 4 miles. (Somehow I hit a 9:06 per mile pace for 4 miles back on September 26th! I wonder what I did the night of September 25th?!?!?)
What does this have to do with expectations vs reality? I doubt I will do another fast run before I hit 100 days. This might be the fastest I go for the rest of this challenge. When I started my 100-day challenge I thought my knee would give out within two weeks. Since then I’ve continued to expect my knee to give out. Instead, my knee has remained strong. Sure I have about 9 days left, but so far so good. In fact I’ve gotten far faster than I expected. Not only that I’ve lost over 10 pounds. That means in that past two years I’ve lost 20 pounds. I’m the slimmest I’ve been in about 5 years. All great things when my expectation was that wouldn’t make it two weeks.
1 comment:
Wasn't it John Lennon who said, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans?" You post reminds me of that quote. It's so seldom that any of us end up doing what we planned or dreamed, isn't it? But Life, the universe, knows what's best.
Post a Comment