I know that there are plenty of articles out there that talk about resolutions and how they don’t work. Go look at neighborhood gyms after New Years and then again a few months later and they are a testimony to how poorly New Years resolutions work for people.
I think they work for me though.
What are my resolutions this year? Several of them I’ve been practicing now for several weeks.
1. Piano - Practice 30 minutes a day. Focus on one song and build my repertoire. (This is one I’ve been practicing for several weeks now. One and Only is my current song I’m practicing a lot)
2. Noveling - Write 500 words a day, minimum. Get each novel done. (I’ve been doing this one too for several weeks. This one as well will probably change . . . Hopefully around May. And it will become edit for 30 minutes a day)
3. Duolingo - Practice Duolingo once a day. (Again, been several weeks now. I’m on this one).
4. Diet (and workout) - For the first three months, I’m dieting in 2024. This means no workouts!!! OMG! This is gonna be hard. BUT, it’s the best way to lose weight. I can walk. I can jog no more than 3 times a week. I can do 1 fun run a month. (This will be the hardest of the bunch, but again, just 3 months)- Isogenix style. 6 meals a day, 100 calories each. This means smallish protein shakes and half granola bars.
- Dinners, this also means dinners are weighed. No more than 8 oz of protein. 8 - 10 oz of Veg. I need to check those numbers.
- Tons of Water.
- No alchohol. No chocolate. No extra sugars.
- I’m debating no milk. Usually I like a bit of milk in my coffee. I may have to keep that one.
Again, I hope that this one comes to an end quick. The quicker I get to 210 the faster it’s over. Prediction, I’ll be dying to lift weights by the end.
5. Chill out at work. This one too will be hard. But I need to. I’m a PhD. I have my career set. Chill out and ride the wave dude.
No comments:
Post a Comment