Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Research in Learning Technology Article

I published another article. This is a big deal if only because it is the first "peer-reviewed" journal article that I've ever published. Before getting my PhD I never had heard of peer-reviewed journals. Throughout my PhD journey, however, I have read thousands of peer-reviewed journal articles. Now I have one of my own. 


This is based on my work for my dissertation. I took a subset of that information and drafted this article for Research in Learning Technology. 

Couple of things:

1) From a self-authorship perspective, this one is illustrative. I think there are times I'm too fast. I could be called reckless in my speed of moving things through the pipeline. I go VERY quickly into things and if things don't work out I will adapt, adjust, and overcome as necessary. Going through this process has helped me understand how to process information for future articles. For example . . .there is no Texas A&M in Sugar Land. This came about due to the form I filled out. It asked for the address. I shouldn't have put my home address. I didn't realize that would end up in the article. Maybe next time, I should go a bit more slowly, be a bit more deliberative. 

2) Surprised me how few edits I was asked to do. RLT was a breeze to work with. They'll get every one of my future articles. They were a lot of fun, and very easy. This surprised me as well. I hope that they stay around! 



No comments: