Sunday, April 14, 2024

Trying Again

I know it's been awhile since I posted . . . but I guess I needed a break after my dissertation. So, I took a break, . . . I re-organized a bit,  . . . and now I'm trying again. 


I think it's interesting that the day I decide to come back is basically a day of seeing "Don't" foreign policy fail. That was the last post I made. I think I said it was a stupid way of dealing with foreign policy. Didn't work with Russia. Doesn't seem to have worked with Iran!

Regardless, let's chat about writing. I'm in the midst of writing Sunset Perfect, and it's coming around. I finished the rough draft, and it's good-ish. It's definitely the best rough draft of this book so far. I think it's the third rough draft I've written. Truth? There's probably more than that, but this is the third "full" rough draft. If I count all the semi-roughs . . . it's like a dozen easy. 

What makes this one better? Well, first I'm going back and adding to it now. I'm making it better with each pass. It's deeper, and more fleshed out, it's more real. 

I even find that I'm wrapping in aspect of many of the first few drafts that I had gotten rid of. It's not perfect, and I need to remind myself that it never will be, but I'm slowing moving forward with it. Every weekend, nothing but. Every day at 3 I've blocked time to write. I will get this done!

No comments: