This was an interesting one to say the least. It was probably also the first one I ever developed, . . . maybe not completely, but the idea came to mind before any other of my dissertation articles.
As we collected data, the first relationship I noticed was that we were getting almost twice the number of responses from participants who took the VR training as we were getting from those who took the non-VR training. It was significant enough . . . and the analysis shows that it was statistically significant, that it couldn't be by chance. Some of this could be ascribed to the "novelty" of the VR training, but my argument in this article is that part of it can also be due to VR's ability to help participants' feelings of self-efficacy.
I remember writing in a previous post that one of my professors told our class that we should have a goal to publish five distinct articles from our dissertations. The first one I published had a focus on VR vs Non-VR training in Research in Learning Technology (HERE). The second article from my dissertation that I published was for PSJ, the one I linked above. The third? Well, I happened to perform qualitative interviews with my participants as they finished the VR training. I took those results, analyzed them, and wrote an article with my beta reader as well as my editrix (HERE). The fourth, is this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment