A few weeks back I discussed how hard the last few months have been . . . school . . . work . . . more school . . . more work. Well, I wrote that I was surprised I survived. Now I'm not so sure I did. I got back my major paper . . . a final manuscript for Advanced Qualitative Data Analysis and it's the worst grade I've gotten in the PhD program! Worst by far. I got an 83! Another post I wrote a few weeks back was about how I assumed everyone was getting A's in the program. Now I see that's not so! I guess there are two things I should be happy about.
First, I should be happy that I didn't get a 20 out of 30 like it looks like several folks did. That would be 67! The average on the grades for that paper was a 26.5 and it's going down further each day that I check. So I guess I should be happy with my 83. Dr. P might be a tougher grader than she let on.
I'd love to see the paper that got a 30! I thought mine was pretty damn good! Did it need a bit more analysis? Sure. But, an 83!
Finally, I guess, considering the last few months that I've had, I should be thankful it's over. This is the last paper in the last class I have for my PhD. All I have left if my dissertation. Now, if I want to get my qualitative researcher certificate, I could take one more class and gett an article published. I still intend to do that, just after I complete my PhD. I'm looking forward to sitting in that class and letting the professor and my other classmates call me Dr. Hannah.
The self-authored me thinks it's your last paper. It didn't kill your class average, it's just one major grade. We all take hits and we need to rebound from those. This was a bit of a haymaker, so get up, . . . get back on your feet, . . .and get into the fight.
Ugh! But an 83?!?!? Could it have been better? Sure. But truth? I spent a lot of time on my dissertation proposal. I'd rather have that sucker looking good than this one. But, an 83 is LOW!
Man, I'm glad I didn't get that 20 out of 30!
No comments:
Post a Comment