I am traveling a lot again. It’s fun to get back to travel after Covid. Prior to the pandemic, I think I was traveling 25%-45% of the time. Before that, when I worked at HydrochemPSC and PSC I was easily traveling 50%. When I traveled before, with PSC, it was all for fun. If I wanted to go somewhere and train I went. Sure, I always found myself near a refinery, but I went to the Bay Area a ton, LA, Chicago, New Jersey, Tennessee, just about anywhere we had a branch and I could go.
With HASC, I traveled less and for different reasons. I didn’t travel as much for training, but much more for conferences, and sales. Now, I think training is about 30% of my travel time. But, I found that I missed travel during Covid. It’s good to have it back.
When I travel I try to think about self-authorship, and how I can keep expanding my adult self-development. Anything can be a candidate for self-authorship, even travel.
I find I miss traveling with my wife and kiddos . . . Mostly the wifey. She’s a great traveling companion. It’s funny really, she’s the one that likes travel, not me . . . And yet I travel far more than she does. But, she’s the worlds best-traveling companion. She is low maintenance, easy to deal with, and always happy, and we go at about the same pace, . . . Curious, . . . Interested . . . Not too daring, but just adventurous enough.
I think it’s so funny looking around and seeing how people dress for plane travel. Today? Sunday, traveling for work, I have blue jeans, running shoes, and an untucked golf shirt. I figure it’s Sunday. Sure it’s work, but I never travel too dressed down when I’m traveling for work. I remember too many times when I’ve run into co-workers and bosses while traveling, so I never dress too far down. Must be the military in me.
When I travel with others from work, it’s always business casual. The same thing I’d wear for work, I wear on the plane. What a pain.
I dress down for vacations, but not too too much again.
Too too much? What’s too much? Well, I see too much around me all the time. Today for instance I boarded behind a guy . . . Huge guy . . . 6-4? 280? And he was wearing a bathing suit, flip-flops, and a T-shirt. That’s too dressed down. So many ladies wear workout gear when they travel, yoga pants, and halter tops. I get it, there’s a degree of comfort people want to hit when they travel, but I do think it’s gone to an extreme lately. But, who am I? The fashion police? I’m the worst person in the world for that job. My fashion is “suburb dad couture” whether business casual or vacay, anyone who sees me walking down the concourse knows I’m a dad and I’m the king of the burbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment