There are times when I say things at work where I know . . . I know! . . . that Julie and Tommy, and I'm pretty sure Russell and Paul think to themselves . . . "uh, dude, . . . you're full of shit. You're just using a bunch of big words to try and pretend to know what you're talking about."
Am I? Could be, but not really.
I ran into my own "uh, dude, . . . you're full of shit" moment.
We had a PhD student come in and talk to us about their own dissertation defense and her own Vee Diagram (see mine in the image above). She used her Vee diagram as the basis of her defense. There was more to it, but the first page of the presentation was just that Vee diagram.
When I saw it (and I asked her to send it to me so I can see it) I tried to get process it, and I could tell immediately I was in for a doozey. Basically, her dissertation was a qualitative review of K-2 Kansas Education Dept policies to determine if there was perceived culturally responsive language to support social justice education for teachers.
So, a couple of questions:
- How does this have anything to do with Adult Learning?
- Why do I want my K-2 teachers to teach culturally responsive social justice education?
- How can you judge these values and if they are in the policies?
Ugh . . . I know how Tommy and Julie feel!
No comments:
Post a Comment