One aspect of social media that never fails to astounds me it's ability to promote the resilience of friendships. When my birthday comes around I hear from all sorts of people I never thought I'd hear from. I've got friends on social media channels who would not be friends unless for that platform. Case in point is my old girl friend Nicole.
Nicole was someone I dated in Seattle over twenty-five years ago. When I knew her (that first time) she was a sales person for a meat distribution organization and drove around in her company car with a refrigerated trunk filled to the brim with meat samples for restaurants. Coolest date ever! She reached out to me over ten years ago and we have been pen pals (on and off) ever since. Nicole sent me this the other day right out of the blue.
Thought I would pass this link along. These books are on sale 8/17-8/23 for $.99 each. I like Jeff Goins and there are some fiction books here. Thought of you. Hope you are well during this season. Life is great - it’s hot this week - I don’t love 100+ days. Got to paddle board yesterday. Waiting to hear from Apple - hoping to launch my podcast later this week.
So, several things here. First, I love the fact that she's a fan of the writing. There should be a new book out in the next few months to keep her occupied with my writing life. LOVE the fact that I'll have another podcast to listen to on my (insane) commute. So be on the lookout for that. But this blog too, is one of the oldest social media channels I have and I dig the fact that it can act as a bridge to so many people from my old life.

No comments:
Post a Comment