Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Pubby.co

One of the things I try to focus on is whether or not I can create an innovative idea around a complex or antiquated process. My grandfather was an entrepreneur who started several businesses and ventures, among them the first privately owned rocket companies compete with NASA, and in the 1980's a mobile learning center which included a bank of computers in an RV so plant workers could study for the GED.









In the past few years, I dreamed up an idea for a mobile app that would automatically send postcards through the mail on the user's behalf with their images on them (which two years later became this here and here), a pet picture capture device which helped animals look at phones so that proud owners could take good pictures of them (a year after I thought of that I saw this here and here), and a learning app for kids that parents could install to help them learn. 






A while back I had to jump through several hoops to find readers and reviewers for my novels. Now there is pubby.co. Pubby links people who are readers with authors so that authors can get reviews. One issue all writers have is that Amazon is so large that it's hard to get noticed. Reviews, especially lots of good ones, help get books noticed. 





This isn't a post about those reviews for my books, but rather the fact that I appear to be slipping. I should have seen that an onerous process and found a more elegant and seamless solution to link readers and writers together. Right now Pubby is make money off of me to provide this service, I should be making that money. Need to up my game!

No comments: