Monday, August 23, 2021

More on My Learning Style

 I've written about learning styles before (see here). As a learner the Concrete Sequential (CS) learner is the one that resonates with me most. I have been called, and I think I can be called a realist. 

I like to think that I view the world through a perspective where my physical senses play a large part in in my solutions to problems.  The fact that I cut my teeth on writing procedures and creating processes with sequential steps plays into this as well. I'm results oriented and enjoy proof which also conforms with CS learners. 

In my field we deal with shade tree mechanics, people who enjoy tearing things apart just to see how they work and to see if they can put them back together again, and sometimes to see if they can do it better, faster, or more effectively than the next guy or the guy before. Most of the training I produce plays to this type of learner so it's not strange to see that I gravitate towards this.


No comments: