Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Technology in Online Education

My colleague Aaron made a good point about technology in online learning environments the other day. He was discussing how new technology is coming online so quick, that it's hard to keep up. 

One thing that I'm always reminding our trainers about is to not use technology for technology sake. Sometimes new technology has the opposite effect of what we intend. Lately I proposed that we begin sending recorded, video, introduction messages to our Leadership Students. 

I thought it would help them get to know the facilitators to see a welcome message about their resumes, hear what they are about to get into, and maybe even set the stage for the first learning objective by discussing the expectations for the training and the trainee. Video and delivering pre-recorded introductions is nothing too new. We could have provided the same introduction to our students ten years ago. I've asked the project sponsor to stop constantly looking for the next new thing and be sure we do the "old" things well. 


No comments: