Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Leadership Groups

I really like the idea of using leadership groups for social learning. I didn't think I would pick this one when I went to the resource page of the Wegner-Traynor Community of Practice website (see here), but the more I read it, the more I thought it might be a good idea. 


I think I like the idea of empowering and inspiring the learners in a classroom as a group to become experts in some form or some nuance of the training. In my organization we provide Leadership training for supervisors. We have several main themes to include Situational Leadership, Feedback Loop Model, and Conflict Resolution. 

Then we have secondary themes like On-boarding and Retention, and Reporting to Management and Making the Transition. It might be fun to segregate the entire class up into smaller groups to become experts on those different secondary themes that way if there is a moment in the class where we make a tie into that theme we can call on that group and ask for their thoughts on it. I think it would instill in them a sense of ownership, and if we segregate the learners based on their past experiences and link them to the secondary themes, then they would have a basis of knowledge and be able to make associations quicker. 


No comments: