Monday, September 20, 2021

Panel Two!

 I had another chance to be a part of a panel discussion on eLearning today. Last time I did this (see here), the discussion was limited to "microlearning." This time it was far more broad and focused on eLearning in general. 


I noticed a couple of things about this second try. 

First, I was far less nervous. I had actually prepared LESS for this one than the one before, but I felt far less nervous going into it. Why? Who knows. Maybe it's because I didn't have a tie on (see image above, I'm middle left). Maybe the fact that my bosses weren't there. Maybe I'm getting used to it now. Whatever the case, the nerves were gone this time around.

Secondly, I noticed that you can never depend on moderators. In both this and the last panel discussion, I was supposed to have a moderator. In both cases the moderator was unable to moderate. The first one froze up, the second one, the audio wasn't working. I had to become the moderator for myself in both instances. Never depend on a moderator. 

Finally, I was glad to be a part of both of these, and interestingly, both were supposed to be in person. Both were thrown onto a virtual platform thanks to covid. Good thing too, I wouldn't have been able to make them since I tested positive last week! Thanks to virtual platforms I made them both!

No comments: