Monday, September 6, 2021

Teaching Online

 I recently took a survey and read a book on online teaching. The survey provided a good, albeit straightforward, assessments of a trainer's readiness to teach an online class based on several principles such as their ability to use technology and tools and their understanding of the online learning principles and confidence. It also provided an overall score at the end to help the assessment taker determine if they were ready as an online teacher for facilitating an online class. 


The chapters in the book were a bit "tip heavy." Do this, do that,  . . . that's a tip heavy manner. It provided information on how to sustain course discussion, ensure comprehension among the learners, and wrap up the online class. Like last week, by providing "tips" the text helps learners by giving them concrete activities that can be immediately applied to an online course and spell out why each activity is worthwhile and effective.

All in all Online Teaching, which I've been doing for years, is continuing to progress and evolve. It's good to stay abreast of the changes. And I scored very well in my assessment. I'm ready to teach online.


No comments: