So I had some folks ask questions about my workouts lately. You'll recall that I have at several times talked about my workouts (see here). I like to try and include them in my writing and in my novels, so why not discuss them here in my blog on writing.
My last couple of workout challenges (see here and here) were doozeys. My last was around my new running group (see here), Fort Bend Fit and our running to get ready for a marathon. Now, I'm not running a marathon. I've done enough of them to realize I don't like them. But I'm still running with them just to have a group, and to take some longer than normal runs.
Lately, however I've gone beyond just running with the running group. I've created my own group for workouts and it's a doozey. It's composed of some Facebook friends, a couple of ladies from the running group (see the pic), a lady from my old SEAL PT group (see here), even a guy from my old Ranger Batt days, and an old friend. Together we've created an ersatz support group for workouts to help keep us going.What's the workout? What's the challenge?
Well, ten years or so ago I completed P-90X (see here) and I really enjoyed it. It's tough, but it's a great workout. I believe I completed it three times before I decided to move on. I think I tested P-90X 2 when it came out, but I was not impressed. I'm not 6 weeks into my first 90 day workout. As a group we are going to finish this round.
I add on a (minimum) 2 mile run with each workout, time depending. Usually I have time. I think I've missed a run twice in the last 6 weeks. Not a bad.
I don't know about the rest of the crew, but I plan on taking a week or two off (just running) then doing P-90X 2. I don't care how much I hate it, I'm going to complete it. Then another week or so of relaxing running, and I'm going to move on to P-90X 3! After that, I should just about be done with a year, then I may try Insanity, or Beast Workout, or any of the other dozens and dozens of workouts that the group now has posted online.
Last time it was DVD's this time it's all online, and with the little support group I've got going, I think I can do it! I'm about 25% done as it stands!
No comments:
Post a Comment