Friday, September 3, 2021

Screen Casting

Since we are talking so much about apps for online learning, I'm going to focus on the Screencastify. I love that so many of my peers are planning on utilizing something that is so present already in classes. 


For an asynchronous class, establishing presence quickly and clearly is of vital importance for keeping the learner engaged. I think having a screen cast capability that allows the learner to engage with the trainer in a video setting would be not only unique and memorable but also help with engagement. 

My organization has provided multiple online conferences in the past year and one of the things we quickly figured out was that not having the camera on and creating a sense of presence and connection with the audience was a huge mistake. Who wants to attend a conference where you are confronted with a disembodied voice from the start and that stays with you the entire time. We want to see who we are learning from, right? I think your wife's idea with video is remarkably inline with establishing presence, engagement and connection. 


No comments: