Saturday, April 2, 2022

Apparently I Can't Live Without a Boat (or a Dog)

I remember when Killian passed away (see HERE), I decided not to be a dog owner anymore. My wife isn't a big fan of dogs, and I didn't think I could find anyone to match the loyalty, fun, and love that Killian had for me. 


It took about 6 months before I told my wife, to get on board cause I'm getting a dog. She did, and we found Sadie. She is wonderful too. 

Apparently, like dogs, my life isn't filled up without a boat. First, it was a sailboat for me and the boys. A laser. Boy was it fun, but we quickly outgrew it and I donated it to the Boy Scouts Sea Base in Galveston. I just imagine that hundreds of boys are getting their sailing merit badge with it now. 


Then I had the two-person kayak. That has now been donated to my Aunt's bayhouse. It will have more fun there. I took it out on the bay the last time I was there. Super fun!

Now, I'm gonna buy a larger sailboat! Just like dogs, I have to have a boat in my life and my friend happens to have one ready for me to buy! It's much larger than I probably need, but we have a lot of cash we can't find a place for and I'm sure,  . . . just like with Sadie . . . the wife will come around!



No comments: