I think I've used that title before, the problem is, when I post from my Self-Authorship, Red Team Journal . . . I can't think of a better title. Maybe round up of thoughts?
What have I written (posted here or not) that helps me move toward self-authorship. I think about "ill-structured problems." That was more than anything else an epiphany for me, especially when I thought about "ill-structured people" (see HERE).
I get that there are problems out there that aren't meant to be solved, that self-authorship means accepting that these exist and being able to deal with them. But I think about those people who I think of as ill-structured people and the amount of emotion that goes along with my frustrations of dealing with them.
King and Siddiqui in Hoare write "the self-authorship construct explicitly acknowledges the role of emotions and affective reactions in the ways individuals construct their responses to situations."
So often in my life emotion has NOT been a big part of my life. Infact I've tried hard to suprress emotions. I've always considered that maybe the emotions I'm feeling now were pent up emotions that blew up and out. Now I wonder if it's more to do with my thinking that emotions and expressing emotions as a part of my problem solving is a part of my development.
In Sinnott's The Relationship of Postformal Thought, Adult Learning, and Lifespan Development, the author writes, "The thinker must learn there are multiple "true" views of realities. This means that more information about the complexity of a situation must be offered to the thinker." Then he writes "Problem solvers shown another person's solution to the problem they are working on, a solution different from theirs, learn to shift their realities to become more "multi-reality oriented."
The next thing to consider is William Perry's scheme of intellectual and ethical development. He writes about Relativism:
"Here the individual is rudely thrust into a place where s(he) must be autonomous, where the authorities can no longer be counted on to provide any answers that are worthwhile. For every "truth" there is an opposite but equally valid "truth" - but no way to bring them together. A deep feeling of loss, bewilderment, betrayal, and even rage can erupt, nothing has meaning."
I wonder if "multi-reality oriented is the next thing I should look at.

No comments:
Post a Comment