Thursday, April 7, 2022

Yet Another Conference

So, along the lines I've been writing, . . . my goals for the year (see HERE and HERE), I have yet another update.


The goal was to establish myself in the industry as a thought leader in training and learning innovations in our industry. The plan was to get in front of as many conferences, tradeshows, lunch and learns, etc. etc. 

Well, I was just invited to yet another. This one is in Texas City. Texas City? You might ask? That's not big time?

Well, in the world of refining it is. 

Ever been to Galveston Bay? Look across that bay toward the mainland, to the west. See that thing that looks like a city? That's a refinery. One of the largest in the world. And that's some of the folks I'll be talking to on Innovations in Industry. 

That's just one of many plants down in Texas City. So, that means, I'm four months in and I've gotten like five presentations under my belt. Plus I have a line on a national one in August where they're thinking of using me as one of their primary speakers. I'll get you that update when it comes. 

Still, I do wish that our creative team would stop enlarging my nose in all these headshots. There's no way my nose is really that big?!?!? It's got to be my photo guy joking around right? Or maybe the software in the camera had a glitch? If my nose was really that big they'd never let me that close to the ocean! That sucker would affect the tides it's so massive!

No comments: