Well, I finally have an update worth shouting from the rooftops. I went out for a 5K this morning. Those savvy and dedicated readers will know that I enjoy workout challenges and I update on those challenges often on this blog (see HERE).
Lately, I've lost 30 something pounds (which is awesome . . . lean and less bulky is definitely the way to go) . . . I've also had to push pause on P-90X 3, because of trips and such. I'm still lifting and running, but I'm not running as much as I was last year when I ran everyday. No, this current challenge is easy, just a fun run a month.
Well, I did April's fun run yesterday, the Race for the Dome fun run. I wasn't happy with March's fun run. A trail run. Packed trails too. I was constantly in a pack or passing people. I didn't do well (see HERE).
Because of last month's run, I wasn't expecting much. I got much. My normal running bud couldn't make it. But somehow I got linked up with the St. John's Cross Country Running coach, and we pulled one another across the finish line. I ran a very respectable 7:49 minute mile pace.
Been a while since I got below 8 min per mile pace for any length of time. Good to see the dropping of the excess load has it's benefits. I was worried my speedy days were over. Looking forward to May's fun run now.
Would have been faster too if the front hadn't been overloaded with slows. I don't get it. You know your a slow, why are you up front? At the half mile mark I passed one fella who was about to pass out he was breathing so hard. Then at one mile, a lady just gave up? Why don't they start further back? I'll never get it.
Still, thanks for the assist St. Johns!!
No comments:
Post a Comment