I really enjoyed reading a paper by Scott about Army 365. As anyone knows who reads this blog, I'm a former Army (2/75 RGR) and have a passing familiarity with Fort Benning. I also just got a sample of a Tradoc document on “red teaming,” (see HERE). I was just talking to a colleague about creating a software package that does many of the same things you seem to say A365 does. Obviously reading his paper came at an apropos time.
The software I was discussing with Mark was more of project management and campaign tracking tool that worked with training and learning as well, . . . And as I come from a smaller training organization, reading about how large organizations like yours are working complex projects and communicating well is intriguing.
What I really liked though was Scott's final statement on a Deloitte article we read and the difficulty he saw in asking executives to predict and be ready for the future when there are so many unknowns. I felt the same sense from the article that what they were measuring and reporting on was a bit shallow and worthless because of those unknowns. I also wondered how many of these executives might not be as upfront in their responses as they might otherwise be if only because the questions (I’m assuming) seemed pretty ambiguous.
Finally, I think Scott is right that the future is quite unknown regarding technology and innovation, and worse for these leaders it’s happening so quickly. I think the best thing a leader can do is be as knowledgeable as possible to stay on the cutting edge of any and all of these advancements, and have an organization that is as open to change and quickly adaptable to positive changes as possible. This would allow them to be early adopters of beneficial innovations, unlike organizations that are hard-wired into staid or slow to change processes.
I hope Scott writes more about Army 365. I wonder if there are tie-ins for what we are doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment