Before speaking to her, I hadn’t considered how a marketing organization might have had to change in the past two decades. I’ve seen of course how our own marketing department has had to adapt and change, but an entire organization dedicated to marketing would have greater and more specific challenges.
The way she discusses this, moving from print, television, and billboard, to a more digital world has to be tough. I think of when I was in recruiting and we could do so much with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and chat, for very little investment of money . . . and yet our leadership who grew up in a different era wanted to put up billboards to advertise. The challenge as I see it from your post is that your organization has to not only understand, embrace, and perfect the new innovations as they come online, but also has to keep a toe in the old and be able to work them all together in a healthy, sustainable mix.
The challenge my organization has in this regard is that our learners utilize chat (heavily) but not many other forms of social media. I see people mixing their work lives and social media presence in other industries far more than in the ones we support (which is typically field contractors in the energy and construction industry). I look forward to hearing more about how she has had to mix technology into your organization's capabilities and deliverables.
No comments:
Post a Comment