See that guy in the front in that pic? That’s me. See that rucksack? The one that is huge and heavy and carrying on it a stretcher with 6 sand bags? Yeah, that’s my rucksack. That pic was taken at Best Ranger 2000. Killer competition. I was leveled.
Well, the one I have now isn’t that exact one, I had to give mine back to the Army when I left, but when I got out I created the exact same rucksack I had had as a Ranger. For some reason I loaned it to my brother, which is why I had to use that crumby soft pack for so many days (see those pics in the posts linked up there). Regardless, I am SOOOO happy to have my rucksack back.
Today, which is May 15, I am halfway done with the challenge. Today was grueling. I loaded up the rucksack with 55 pounds and had my official weigher weigh it out for me. 12 year old boys apparently like weighing rucksacks. 55 was confirmed. I took off for 7 miles this morning and it was killer! But It’s done.
This more than any other ruck yet had me thinking about my life, my career, the choices I’ve made etc. There are some things I like, some I don’t. What can you do about it? Just keep pressing on. So I did. And I do.
right now, with 15 days down and 15 days more to go . . 35 miles complete.


No comments:
Post a Comment