Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Imposters and Integrity in Training

I loved reading Susan's paper from the other night about integrity, imposters, getting around the system, etc. She is in medical technology. She also works with prisons and prisoners and she has found that prisoners find many, many ways to get around the rules and regulations that are in place. She's seen chemicals embedded into mail, drones being used to drop material over fences, and more. 

Like her, we deal with challenges to the integrity of our processes that our learners work to overcome. We differentiate ourselves by ensuring that the learner is known at the time of the training and that the learner who checked and registered for the training is the same who finishes and passes the test. Often our learners work to take advantage of this. We catch an imposter a week. 

What I find interesting is that there is a lot of focus on having IDs to vote, and yet we ask for ID for every course we provide and there is never a question about the validity or applicability. Additionally, we are starting to offer remote proctoring capabilities and are enforcing the same high standard of ID integrity via remote training that we ask of our learners at our campus. This too has its problems that we are working hard to overcome. 

What I also find interesting, as a naive and trusting person, is that often these imposters think of things I would never dream of in a million years. Some of the examples you cite would never have come to mind. I’m glad to hear about your challenges if only because it might help me become more cynical and prepared to meet these same issues if we see similar ones in our organization. 


No comments: