Thursday, June 23, 2022

Online Delivery of Messages

My classmate Emily and I were discussing social media for building a brand and for promoting messages. Emily believes that it takes more than just a compelling message, it takes a diversity of delivery platforms as well to get that message out. 

I agree with you whole-heartedly. I think in today's day and age, with so many people having access to, and preferences for different media platforms, it's important (as we've been saying in other posts) to be agile. I don't mean that organizations have to be ready for the next key advancement, per se, but rather that in order to reach a larger audience they need to be able to be on and engaged on a variety of different platforms. 

So many of our learners use different platforms. Some love Tik Tok, others love Instagram, others Facebook, and or LinkedIn. What I find is that our marketing departments get fixated on just one and sacrifice the variety of content that should be going out to all. For example, the primary way that our marketing department engages our audience is through LinkedIn. That's it. 

So many of our learners who may frequent TikTok would never see our posts. Ditto with Facebook, or Twitter, et al. One goal I have is to have that department start leveraging these free platforms to interact with our learners on a more direct level rather than just relying on email newsletters and LinkedIn posts. You're right, social media plays a huge part in our everyday lives and organizations and leaders who find effective ways of leveraging that and interacting with their customers through those portals will have a better/easier time of gaining and retaining customers. 


No comments: