A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about fashion at airports. Today, I’m that fashionista I wrote about. I’m looking ROUGH. Well . . . Disclaimer . . . Rough for me.
What’s rough for me?
Rough for me is baggy khakis, a slightly wrinkled/slightly starched oxford with a logo, and my cool guy leather sneaks that because of the baggys look super small on me. That’s me looking rough.
Did I see others wearing sportswear? Yep. Did I see many folks who look like they’re about to run a 5K? Yep. Did I see one woman in her slippers and PJ’s who looked like she had just rolled out of bed? Yep.
Was I jealous?
Not a bit. I wouldn’t be comfy in those “comfy” clothes. I would be constantly thinking that others are looking at me. Should I care? Nope. Do I care? Yep. Well, I’m also rolling right into work when I get to Denver, so if I wore PJ’s that would be a problem for work, but still.
I think it’s okay to have a bit of shame. To care just a bit what others think about how we dress. That shows some respect for ourselves and for our lives right? Maybe this is Ranger Sergeant Hannah talking, but you know what? I was without a doubt the worst-dressed Ranger ever. I never bought jump boots, I always borrowed them. Eventually, I was given some by a retiring Ranger. My Class A’s were just barely in ship shape form. Some Rangers agonized over them. Not me. I eyeballed those suckers and usually got dinged for the ribbons being out of place. Me? I was more concerned with field exercises. I was a Field Ranger not a Barracks Ranger. I think that’s the right way to be. Rangers should be door kickers not marchers.
It’s funny that now that I’m a business guy, I’m more of a business casual guy than a comfy non-carer like I was in the Rangers. Still, my baggy casuals are still super comfy.
I footnote this however with the knowledge that when I vacay I dress down. Flip flops are the standard on vacay!
No comments:
Post a Comment