Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Falling Into a Career

For that assignment on choosing and adjective that fits us, my colleague, Les, chose "trainer." Les, Iwrote that the "fell into training" as a career. I did too. So many people seem to. I wonder if there's anyone who didn't "fall into it" as a career. 

Like Les I can understand using the word "Trainer" as a descriptor. 

I started my job as a trainer in the military. The culture in the military provides a ton of opportunities to train the junior members of the teams so leaders become trainers quickly. We refine our capabilities quickly. After the military I started writing procedural manuals for safety organizations in refineries. It was a natural jump for me to begin writing manuals for IT and operations then training technicians on those procedures. 

Ergo, I would add "tech writer" and "editor" to words that I have in my quiver to be a trainer. 

No comments: