Sunday, June 27, 2021

Silly Running Times

 I was thinking about this post (see here) the other day because recently I've been running more and more fun runs . . . and . . .well, yesterday . . . kicked my ass. Not sure why, but boy did it. 

In that post I linked to, I talked about how I ran 4 miles at a 9:20 min per mile pace. I must have really been in pain from my medication, becuase now, I'm killing that. Last month, I ran a 6 mile fun run and did it at a 9:04 min per mile pace. My first mile was at an 8:00 min per mile pace. I'm even impressed with myself about that 6 miler. 

But then yesterday,  . . . this happened:


This was a 5 miler. Same course as the six miler, put on by the same group, everything and this one killed me. The only thing I can think that might have affected me is that I did a 9 mile run with some new friends at Fort Bend Fit, the running group I've recently joined (it was an interval run, 5 min jog, 1 min walk . . . not usually what I do, but it was what my new friends Candace, Martha, and Jazmine were doing so I went along for their sakes). Still, that was a week prior, so I'm surprised that would have still been with me. Also though, was the heat. The 5 miler was much hotter . . . felt that way anyway. I wonder if the 6 miler was more overcast, because according to the app, the temperatures were almost exactly the same. Funny ole world. 

Regardless, I guess I should be happy with the results. Even my 5 mile time puts my previous 4 mile time to shame. 9:20 was the best I could muster before, even my slow ass, need to walk some, 5 mile time was a 9:08 pace, and that's me after still recovering some from surgery!


No comments: