I broke down and bought a new car again . . . last month. My vehicle clunked out on the road. The transmission just stopped working. That's a pretty big warning sign. So I got it working enough to get it to a car dealer and bought what they had on hand. Thought I had a good deal too. Loved my new, new car.
Well, had a bit of a fender bender today. I wasn't driving. I was teaching someone to drive and I might have pushed him into something he wasn't ready for. That being said, there were external circumstances that lead to the chain reaction that resulted in the wreck. A guy, a pedestrian, was walking toward the road and the car in front of us had to come to a screeching, sudden halt. I know my driver tried to stop in time, but instead, WHAM!
Both airbags deployed. Crumple zones in the car we hit crumpled, and our hood got smashed up something terrible.
I feel bad for the driver of my new car. He's taking it hard. He feels really bad that he knows I loved that new car. Less than 4 thousand miles on it and now, . . . I'm hoping it's not totaled. The wrecker guy AND the auto body repair shop thought it probably was.
I think in my next novel, I'm going to write a lot more feeling into the car wreck. No, not sunset perfect. The one about the gal in the mountains at the B&B. Chapter 1, she's in a car wreck. Now, I'll have a bit better perspective.
As for my student/driver . . . well, hopefully, he's gotten it out of his system and he'll be a better driver because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment