Tuesday, February 8, 2022

VR in the ER

Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that I do a lot of work with virtual reality tools and equipment (see HERE). It's fun to see how VR can play a bigger part of our world and in the industry I support. 



I read an article this morning on VR and how it can lead to injuries (see HERE). 

It's interesting this disconnect between the real world and the human mind and how it can lead to the trainee hurting themselves. We've seen this in our own work. Our learners sit at a desk to take training. In the middle of training they are asked to put on a headset and take a VR exercise. Even though we have designed our training so that they won't have to move around much, we still have people who hit the desk or sides of the desk. 

It's as if they lose sense of their surroundings to such a degree that they forget where they are. This is a good thing in terms of development. It's not a good thing in terms of our safety record. Still, I see what some of our partners have done and I'm more and more glad that we decided to take the route we did. 

No comments: