Those of you who follow this blog will remember that I had a goal of doing P90X (see HERE) then P-90X2 (see HERE) then P-90X3 as my newest workout goal. I'm two-thirds through.
This all started with reading a tweet from a former NFL lineman who rode his bike everyday for 100 days. I tried it too. Sadly, a trip to Alaska ruined that streak. I think I was twenty-something days in.
Then I tried to run everyday for 100 days (see HERE). That one I completed. The next was to lift weights for 100 days. That one failed. Shoulder surgery side-lined me. But this P-90X one is going well so far.
As much as I hated the core work, which was extensive . . . I do feel as though my core strength is substantially stronger.
Additionally, I'll say that the upper body workout and lower body workouts were some of the best there were when you take out the stretches in the middle and you throw in some extra strength training. The other thing I didn't care for about this workout? Was that you had to buy so much equipment to support the moves. Also, there were very few "old guy" modifidiations. They were doing some tough moves and they were just, . . . keep up. No moves for the old. Of course I also added in jogs just about everyday, but all in all I recommend it highly.
So, why not go straight into P-90X3? Well, because I think I jacked up my shoulder. I was able to knock out 10-12 pullups at a shot in the first series. Now in the second, I'm barely getting three at a time. So, I'm giving the shoulder a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment