I got a chance to spend some time at the bay this weekend. Super fun. For the whole family but also for me. Got to start a new Agatha Christie which was awesome, and got to hang out and do Bay things.
I know in the past I’ve written about orange and blue in movie posters. Although I can’t find it. Go look up orange and blue movie posters and you’ll find yourself stunned by how many movie posters use orange and blue as their primary color schemes. You’ll never see movie marketing the same.
I was talking to our designer about this the other day. He is a great designer. I was surprised that he had never heard about this orange and blue prevalence. I know, I know, they’re complimentary, but other complimentary colors aren’t used as much as orange and blue. I took some time to show him and he was blown away . . . Natch.
I also remember reading about photography and the rule of threes. Use the view finder to ensure you have a middle and two sides to every picture, and that there is a foreground, mid, and background in the picture as well. Then merge the two so that the three frames that make up the picture and the foreground, mid and background are all working together.
I took these three pics while at the bay. I like them. I tried to use those principles in my pics and I think I pulled it off. I’m quite pleased with them. I think it’s interesting that when you know these principles and start using them that pictures that use the principles come naturally. You start moving the view-finder to make these aspects appear and work together. The pic of the dock was the first I took of that series. The pic of the sunset was the last, and it was the one where I got down lower. The pic of the balcony and doc was the second. The first was portrait mode, this one is landscape.
I think compared to my designer, they’re not bad. What day you guys think?
No comments:
Post a Comment